Homemade Ladybug Cake
I had so much fun making this adorable Ladybug Cake. My son thought a tornado had come through the kitchen.
As you can tell, I'm not the best at cake decorating. But I sure like to try.
I used store bought fondant for the body of the ladybug and icing for the head and circles.
Easy Ladybug Cake Instructions
- Mix any flavor of cake.
- Bake some in a bowl(I used a medium mixing bowl).
- And the rest in cupcakes.
- The one in the mixing bowl takes awhile to cook.
- Cool the cake and the cupcake completely.
- Cut bottom of bowl cake to sit flat.
- Use red to tint fondant(I only had pink).
- Roll out fondant following instructions on box.
- Place over cake.
- Smooth the fondant over the cake.
- Cut around the ladybug.
- Place green tulle on cake plate.
- Cut the edges to look like leaves.
- Lay the ladybug on the bed of leaves.
- Cut one of the cupcakes at an angle to sit smoothly on the body.
- Stick to cake with icing.
- Pipe a line down the middle of body with chocolate icing.
- Frost the head and circles with chocolate icing(I used a star tip)
- Use white icing and chocolate chips for the eyes.
- Cut out a piece of fondant for the bug's smile.
- Place candles or pipe cleaners for the antennae.
- Start taking orders for cakes because you are so good!
Return from Ladybug Cake to Birthday Cake Decorating Ideas Page
Return from Ladybug Birthday Cake to Party-Ideas-Galore Home Page